Supervisor -Brand New Store Opening
ARGENTO is an equal opportunities employer
Argento are seeking to recruit a talented and experienced Supervisor for our brand new and exciting store opening in the Isle of Man.
Argento is one of the UK and Ireland’s leading fashion jewellers. The first Argento store opened in Belfast in 1997 and has since expanded throughout the UK and Ireland currently with 48 branches including Belfast, Lisburn, Dublin, Glasgow, Doncaster and Leicester.
We stock the most amazing unique designer collections as well as the hottest brands on the high street including NOMINATION & SWAROVSKI.
Store Location: Isle of Man – Strand Street, Douglas
Contract: 37 hours per week (to include Sunday)
Benefits: £7.50 per hour + bonus, Annual leave (including statutory days), generous staff discount (following completion of probation period), fantastic training.
ARGENTO Supervisors assist the managers in leading the team to provide the highest level of service to the customer, creating the ARGENTO ‘experience’ in a welcoming environment. It is essential that applicants have prior experience in a similar role, with experience of serving customers in a high footfall environment.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, to reach individual as well as team targets and must be adaptable to change. Strong customer service and communication skills are vital to being a successful ARGENTO Supervisor.
As a brand ambassador for ARGENTO, the successful candidate will be well presented and have a customer-focused, can-do attitude.
The position will include, but will not be limited to the following duties:
• Providing exceptional customer service at all times
• Acting as a role model for the sales team and as an ambassador for the ARGENTO brand at all times
• Overseeing and motivating staff when required
• Opening and closing of the store, ensuring all employees adhere to security
• Cashing up and reconciling the till each day
• Supporting the Store Manager with the day to day running of the store
• Keeping accurate records of store performance
• Dealing with enquiries and complaints in a professional manner
• Holding daily team meetings to confirm targets and communicate any relevant information from HO
Criteria/ Experience/ Personal attributes
• Previous retail supervisory experience
• Minimum of 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including English and Maths
• Passionate about jewellery and customer service
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Sound judgement with confident decision-making
• Ability to implement procedural change
• Ability to coach and give feedback effectively and honestly
• Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
• Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages and EPOS systems
• Must be helpful and polite
• Must be able to work as part of a team
• Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• High levels of accuracy and use of grammar
If you fit all of the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter into store or email to recruitment before the closing date.
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the Isle Of Man.
Argento uses the Criminal Records Bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.
Closing date: Friday 10th June 2016 @ 5pm